£25,000 (36 hour week) per year (rising to £26,000 after one year’s service) plus on-call & sleep over allowance
We are looking to recruit a new Team Leader for our Community Support Service. If you are committed to delivering high quality, person centred services and also have the ability to supervise and motivate a team of Senior Support Workers, we would like to hear from you.
This new role will suit people who have experience of supporting people with learning disabilities and some experience of staff supervision and/or who want to take the first step into this role.
Join Lambeth and Southwark Mencap and make a real difference to the lives of adults with learning disabilities living in South London.
As a Team Leader you will be part of a team ensuring the provision of high quality tailored support to individuals within their own home across Lambeth and Southwark. Part of the role is hands on so you will not lose the joy of directly working with the people that we support.
Relevant training is provided
Your role will be: –
- To ensure the service provides individually tailored support to enable our service users to live in their own homes and to help meet their personal and social needs in the community.
- To support people to live independently and where necessary provide personal care and support, at all times ensuring maximum respect for the individual’s rights and personal dignity
- To be responsible for managing, supervising, inducting and providing continuous professional development for a team of about ten support workers.
- To ensure that the policies and procedures of the Lambeth and Southwark Mencap Community Support Service are carried out effectively and sensitively.
- Ensuring care plans are followed and appropriate records are maintained.
- Providing on call cover on a rota basis.
Included in the application pack is a link to an online personality questionnaire, at the end you will be asked for your details.
Here is the link, the picture on the left is a copy of the page you will find.
Look at the question in the blue box on the right of the page and choose your answer.
Closing date 1 February 2017 with interviews the following week.
Interviews for the Team Leader post will take place on Thursday 9th and Service user interviews on Saturday 11th February