Carers’ Advice, Information, Support and Development
The Carers Information, Advice, Support and Development Worker can provide the following types of support:
- Support to take part in the Lambeth Learning Disability Assembly
- Provides a “Carers’ Update” newsletter on a regular basis on issues important to carers
- Sends regular updates and news by email to subscribed carers
- With Carers Hub Lambeth, provides Carers’ Forums throughout the year to allow carers to make their views known and be taken forward to relevant bodies and individuals
- The Forum provides carers with an opportunity to receive and share information, and also often able to talk to the people who make decisions.
- Individual work with carers to provide information, help them to get services and offer general support.
- Runs bi-monthly Carers’ Workshops with the Lambeth Disability Team on topics chosen by carers
- Provides drop-in information and advice sessions throughout the year at a variety of venues
- Attending and providing support at community care assessments, reviews, other meetings and arranging and supporting carer’s assessments.
- Signposting to other services, especially benefits and breaks
- Raise awareness of carers with bodies such as Social Services, Health, Police and Education.
For more information and to use this service please contact Robert Hill on 020 8655 7707 or email email@example.com.
Lambeth Learning Disability Assembly: www.LambethLDA.org.uk
Lambeth LD Carers: www.ldcarerslambeth.wordpress.com