Lambeth Mencap is a registered charity & company limited by guarantee.
We are managed by a Board of Trustees who are all voluntary. The Trustees include parents & relatives of people with learning disabilities, professionals and volunteers.
We all have dreams and aspirations and people with learning disabilities are no exception. At Lambeth Mencap, our goal is to develop services holding this vision at the heart of everything that we do.
Our high quality services are led by highly experienced managers. Delivered by skilled staff who are regularly supervised and whom benefit from continuous training. As no one person is the same this ensures that our staff are able to meet all the challenges that people with diverse needs pose.
As an organisation we currently provide the following:
• Community Support service. An outreach support service for adults living independently in the community or with their family/carers. Support is tailor made to meet each individual’s needs and wishes.
• Activities; from events that are seasonal one offs through to regular weekly clubs. Their varied programme is listed in the quarterly ‘What’s On’.
• Shared Lives Activities. We offer an exciting creative menu of activities.
• Multi Activity Centre. Known affectionately as the MAC by those that attend. An alternative model to the traditional day centre.
• A Carers Development Project that supports the active involvement of family carers in the planning and development of existing and new services as well as offering information and support to individual carers.
• Support Planning & Brokerage, helping individuals decide how they would like to arrange their own support in order to meet the goals that they have set for themselves.
• Carousel project for Profound and Multiple Learning Disabled Adults. Transforming the lives of people with PMLD through therapeutic and developmental activities.
• Computer and iPad Project. Technology is a growing part of everyday life but not knowing where to start can be quite overwhelming.
Don’t let our name mislead you. All welcome as services are not restricted to Lambeth residents.
REGISTERED CHARITY No. 1048540