What is Lambeth Mencap?
We are a voluntary organisation: a registered charity & company limited by guarantee.
We are managed by a Board of Trustees who are all voluntary. The Trustees include parents & relatives of people with learning disabilities, professionals and volunteers.
We aim to:
Provide services that meet the needs of people with learning disabilities & their families.
As an organisation we currently provide the following:
- An outreach support service to adults living independently in the community or with their family carers. We offer this service in both Lambeth and Southwark.
- A supported living service, assisting a number of individuals with higher level support needs to live independently in their own homes.
- A range of groups, clubs, outings and sports activities for people.
- A service that provides activities for carers themselves.
- A Carers Development Project that supports the active involvement of family carers in the planning and development of existing and new services and offers information and support to individual carers as well.
- A Shared Lives Scheme that recruits and supports local people to provide accommodation and support, so that adults with a learning disability can live as part of their family.
At both a policy and strategic level we continue to be involved in partnership working with Council’s, other statutory services and the wider voluntary and community sector. This work includes:
- Membership of the Learning Disability Partnerships Boards in both Lambeth and Southwark. We are a member of the Board’s Executive Group in Lambeth.
- Active representation in a number of forums and networks including the Self Directed Support Shadow Board, Direct Payments Network, Provider Forums, the Southwark Support and Care Market Forum, Health and Social Care Forum and more recently the Consortium Steering Group.
- Meeting with other local Mencap groups in the South East of London.
On a service delivery level we have also continued to work with a range of professionals from other organisations to enhance the services that we provide. We routinely liaise and link with care managers, specialist health teams, GP’s and other providers involved in service delivery.
The work we do continues to grow and alter and our workforce remains over 100 full and part-time staff and we continue to offer services to over 300 people across all of the services we offer.
REGISTERED CHARITY No. 1048540